STENO WRITER CLEANINGS
NORMAL TURN-AROUND TIME – 24 to 36 HOURS
PLEASE CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT
- The machine is disassembled.
- All parts are inspected for general wear.
- The machine is hand washed with an environmentally friendly, bio-degradable, non- toxic solution.
- The Stop Pads are replaced.
- The Universal bar pad is replaced.
- The Bank Bar Pad is replaced.
- The Toggle Roller is refurbished.
- The Platen is reconditioned.
- The machine is re-assembled
- All internal and external mechanical parts are lubricated.
- All mechanical & electronic adjustments are performed to factory specifications.
- The exterior shell is cleaned and polished.
- The key tops are cleaned and polished.
- Ribbons and ribbon cartridge replacements are not included in this service
- Replacement parts which are not included in the above description are an additional charge.
- Prices do not included shipping
- Batteries not included
This process generally takes 3-4 man hours to complete! If you send us a writer for a basic cleaning and it’s the tech’s assessment that the writer needs an overhaul we will contact you with two options. Either upgrade to a complete overhaul or we will be unable to guarantee that your machine will work flawlessly after we perform the cleaning.
The writer is disassembled and chemically cleaned in our specially designed power cleaner (a two-chemical process). The writer is then reassembled with all internal parts lubricated. All parts are inspected for general wear. Pads and springs are replaced. Electronic circuit boards are pneumatically cleaned, where applicable. The cassette drive head is cleaned and demagnetized, where applicable. The disk drive is cleaned, where applicable. The writer is then adjusted and tested to the manufacturer’s specification, unless the customer specifies custom adjustment.
Ribbons and ribbon cartridge replacements are not included in this service. Replacement parts which are not included in the above description are an additional charge. Prices do not include shipping.